- You are watching TV.
- Are you watching TV?
- You are not watching TV.
USE 1 Now
- You are learning English now.
- You are not swimming now.
- Are you sleeping?
- I am sitting.
- I am not standing.
- Is he sitting or standing?
- They are reading their books.
- They are not watching television.
- What are you doing?
- Why aren't you doing your homework?
USE 2 Longer Actions in Progress Now
- I am studying to become a doctor.
- I am not studying to become a dentist.
- I am reading the book Tom Sawyer.
- I am not reading any books right now.
- Are you working on any special projects at work?
- Aren't you teaching at the university now?
USE 3 Near Future
- I am meeting some friends after work.
- I am not going to the party tonight.
- Is he visiting his parents next weekend?
- Isn't he coming with us tonight?
USE 4 Repetition and Irritation with "Always"
- She is always coming to class late.
- He is constantly talking. I wish he would shut up.
- I don't like them because they are always complaining.